Beech Hut | Milford Track
This hut is a 1973 reconstruction by Bill Anderson and Sandy Brown, near the original location, of the first two huts built for the Milford Track here in 1890 and which were used on the track until 1897 when other huts were built on the current Quinton Lodge site. It was intended to show what the accommodation was like for early tourists. Now in close to derelict condition.
Located a short distance from Quentin Lodge.
category . . . reconstructed historic hut
elevation . . . ~270 m
facilities . . . none
toilet . . . none← Mackinnon Pass Shelter | Milford Track Sandfly Point Shelter | Milford Track →